New York City Parking Cards
COVID -19 Alert:
NYC is offering a second pay-by-cell option for on-street parking. Reduce exposure risk for yourself and our workforce – use contactless methods to pay for parking.
- ParkNYC app: pay for parking from pre-loaded wallet, no transaction fee (minimum $25 wallet)
- ParkMobile app: pay for individual parking session, plus a $0.15 per transaction fee (no wallet or preload required)
Parking Card Update
As of December 13, 2018, NYC DOT is no longer selling Parking Cards. Parking Cards with a remaining balance will still be accepted at parking meters throughout the city.
ParkNYC is an easy and commodious way to pay for on-street parking and municipal parking lots using a mobile telephone or network browser. ParkNYC is besides available for occupation fleets .
Using a Parking Card
Parking Cards do not expire and they are valid until the card balance is exhausted. Every time you use the Parking Card, your new balance will be displayed. You can use the card until the original value purchased is exhausted. Please properly discard of use cards.
- Insert the card
- The display will show the balance on the card
- Press the blue button to add time
- The display will show how much money is used, and the clock will display the expiration time
- Select the amount of time you need, and press the green button to make the purchase
- Take the receipt and place it on the driver’s side dashboard
- Transactions can be cancelled at any time by pressing the red button
- Once you press the green (Print) button the transaction is finished
Paying with Both a Parking Card and Coins
If your Parking Card has a respect lower than what is needed to park, the card value can be combined with coins or another Parking Card. Have the card and all needed coins ready at the beginning of the transaction. If more than 40 seconds spend between the wag payment and the coin interpolation, the payment will not be combined.
- Insert the Parking Card into the meter
- Press the blue button to deduct payment increments from card, until there is a zero balance
- Leave the card in the meter
- The meter will prompt you to continue and insert coins or Parking Card as needed to purchase the full amount of parking time desired
- Press the green button to complete the transaction – you will receive a receipt and your Parking Card
- Place the receipt on your dashboard
- Please dispose of used Parking Cards in a trash can
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Cards
The City of New York is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged cards. Before they were issued, each Parking Card was thoroughly tested to ensure that it was operational and the dollar measure accurate .
Parking Cards are valuable ; treat your calling card as you would treat your cash. Cards can be damaged if mistreated :
- Avoid exposure to high temperatures – do not leave cards on the dashboard under the hot sun
- Keep cards dry
- Do not bend the card, peel away the protective coating, or scratch the card chip with sharp objects
Grease or early materials can interfere with the communication between the batting order and the machine. If this should occur, wipe the gold colored nick embedded in the card with a balmy fabric, and try again. If that does n’t work, try a different machine .
Category : Economy
Leave a Comment