Bartenders were accustomed to having a stroke of Fernet-Branca when they changed shifts and it became known as the ‘ bartender handshake ’ whose determination was to mark the moment in which bartending duty was passed over to a colleague .
Being naturally near to the bartender community and people in the know, Fernet-Branca took the opportunity of taking this ritual far with the universe of a coin to celebrate this precise moment .
Since than, the ritual has been extended to all bars, thus when a bartender visits another bar and shows an Fernet-Branca coin to a colleague behind the counter, he is offered a barren shot of Fernet, unless he is presented with another mint in response and the ‘ bartender handshake ’ takes put in celebration of their joint membership in the club.
Fernet-Branca coins quickly came to symbolize bartender community membership. They travelled across oceans and continents to the most remote control corners of the populace. They not entirely represented a fleeting accomplishment but an authentic collectible, enviously guarded as a status symbol and a privilege .
reciprocal cross recognition, a sense of reciprocal belonging and a hope to be big protagonists of the Fernet-Branca kin. In the name of these values, for years the most ardent bartender community has been collecting, exchanging and requesting Fernet-Branca coins .
When you place a Fernet-Branca coin on the bar, you make a statement. It ’ s like knocking on the door of a members-only establishment .
Whoever goes into a barricade and orders Fernet-Branca is person in the know, part of a small club, and the mint is good an extension of that .
Being region of the brotherhood of trade cocktail bartenders is not about wearing sweatshirts or having a consistent, it means having things like a Fernet coin .
Since 2013, Fernet-Branca never stopped crafting limited edition coins linked to particular milestones in the bartending community and, in reception to residential district members ’ insights and stimulation, a proper list of rules was drawn up .
Do you want to know the main rules of the Fernet-Branca mint challenge ?
here they are :
Read more: mint | metallurgy
1. You don ’ triiodothyronine just request a Fernet-Branca mint. You have to earn it .
2. The Fernet-Branca coin is in return recognised and confers a sense of common belong to .
3. It is an honor to receive a Fernet-Branca Coin. It may only be given up in substitute for a different edition .
4. Have your Fernet-Branca Coin with you at all times .
5.When you give person a Fernet-Branca Coin you invite them to be separate of a union ; it is an honor to possess a coin, and not alone : a coin that is gifted or awarded as a pry has a more personal value than a buy coin .
6. If a Fernet-Branca Coin is altered in any way, it automatically loses separate of its value. For exercise, if you perforate the mint to make it into a charm or a identify ring .
7. The Fernet-Branca coin is a recognizable symbol in the Bartenders ’ Community and must be displayed at the right consequence and whenever you wish. For example, when you enter a Bar you can place it on the Counter to manifest your bond with the Fernet Family and the Bartender Community .
8. When you show your Fernet-Branca Coin, identify the decoration directly onto the counter or mesa, but never put it in the hands of another person, in order to preserve its possession.
Read more: All About Australian Coins
9. The best meter to show the Fernet-Branca mint is when you orderliness a round of Fernet-Branca shots .
10. In case you lose your Coin Fernet-Branca … all we can say is : never lose your Fernet-Branca mint !