- Mintage totaled 44.7 million American Silver Eagle coins!
- 29th annual striking of the American Silver Eagle!
- Arrives in a protective individual flip, mint-sealed tube of 20, or Monster Box of 500.
- Protect your investment with 40.6mm Direct Fit Air-Tite Capsules or 40.6mm Air-Tite Coin Tubes, which hold 20 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 pure silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Adolph A. Weinmans Walking Liberty on the obverse.
- John Mercantis heraldic eagle on the reverse.
- The West Point Mints W mint mark features on proof and burnished versions.
The big Recessions impact on precious metallic element prices and demand pushed american Silver Eagle coin sales to unprecedented levels following 2008. The mints popular silver eagles saw record-breaking sales in four straight years from 2008 to 2011. even the off years of 2012 and 2013 featured level sales around 34.3 million per annum. After those two flat years, the Silver Eagle surged again to break the former record of 40.02 million from 2011. The 2014 American Silver Eagle was powered largely by the need for and popularity of the bullion adaptation of the coin. The bullion American Silver Eagle mint in 2014 posted a sales criminal record of 44 million, not to mention the production of the extra proof and burnished specimens.
Read more: All About Australian Coins
Record-low prices in silver medal during 2014 led to a rush in demand for the coins this year. The bulllion and burnished versions of the coin actually sold out before the goal of the calendar year. On the obverse of the coin, Adolph A. Weinmans Walking Liberty design is featured. This design in the first place featured on the Walking Liberty Half Dollar from 1916 to 1947. The reverse of the mint bears the heraldic eagle of the United States, and was refined by Chief Engraver of the United States Mint, John Mercanti. Please feel release to reach out to JM Bullion with any questions regarding the 2014 American Silver Eagle coin, ash grey spot prices or any of our other product offerings. Our associates are available at 800-276-6508, on-line using our live old world chat, and via our electronic mail address. You may besides want to check out our wax choice of Silver Eagle Coins which includes backdate coins, proof and attest editions .